All of our PYO fruit is currently CLOSED until further notice – as we’re nearing the end of the season, we only have a limited amount of fruit left, so can therefore only open on selected days
Please check back here for further details. Apologies for any inconvenience
Strawberries – Currently unavailable
Raspberries – Currently unavailable
PYO Opening Times:
How to Pick Your Own
Step 1: container – either bring your own container to pick into, or grab one of our punnets in store (you can pay for these at the end)
If you have your own container, please take this to the till before you start picking, so that we can weigh it and not overcharge you!
Step 2: follow the strawberry signs to the field and start picking! Pick as many or as few as you would like
Step 3: when you’re finished picking, head to the tills in the garden centre. We will weigh your strawberries and calculate the cost (including the price of our containers if you’ve used one)
Step 4: take home and enjoy them however you like!
How we will ensure PYO is safe
Our strawberries are grown on benches in rows spaced wide apart – this will allow you to pass by other pickers at a safe distance
It is also easy to see above the rows to check for others and avoid coming into contact with them
Our staff will not handle the strawberries themselves, but may need to touch your container to weigh it. They will regularly use hand sanitiser to minimise any contamination
How You Can Help
For the benefit of you and other customers, please:
- Only touch what you intend to pick. We know it’s nice to check the underside of a strawberry to check it’s ripe, but for hygiene reasons, please avoid doing this.
- Use some of our hand sanitiser as you enter the store
- Keep an eye out for other customers and keep a safe distance at all times
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to book?
- There is no need to book, just turn up
Is there a limit on people allowed in?
- During busy periods, we may need to ask you to wait to limit the number of people in at once. A member of staff will inform you of this
Is there an entrance fee?
- Entrance is free! You’ll only need to pay for your strawberries and any of our punnets that you use